This Latest version is a development of the original system. Proving that it takes a Vararam to catch a Vararam! Designed to remove the volume and the manuel adjustability that was built into the the original VR systems. We spent hundreds of man hours addressing the finicky nature of the OEM Camaro during cold start operation, removing any bucking, lumpy idles etc...we removed it all!
(We also made a very important discovery regarding the OEM air meter, a must read covered in the airmeter section)
You can even take the filter out of the latest VR system and drive the car around without issue ....it will be baby smooth, try that with any other air box on the planet! This enables tuners to maximize the HP in there combinations without compromising drivability at any point. From mild to wild the VR-SS will stay smooth while delivering tire smoking airflow that no other company can match!
General features for the new Super Street spec system.
The following items were changed:
• The tail/ air box has had over 200cu/inches of volume removed to improve extreme low RPM 1,000-1,600RPM drivability.
• The filter- Here we now use a custom panel filter offering -washable and reusable made by Green USA to VR specs.
• Rifling The MAF - A custom 1/4 inch thick med density Honeycomb MAF screen has been added to both downsize the system and improve flow quality into the MAF at low throttle input. We did not stop there, we went a step further by employing an elliptical neck vs round to further balance the flow across the MAF, this also helps to equalizes velocities in even the most extreme conditions.
• A front wing has been added to control the amount of air entering the system. This features several vortex generators to further aid overall airflow efficiency,
• A heat pad has also been added from the special service package (Police Camaro) This helps deflect the hot radiator heat when the fans are operating. This greatly reduces unwanted heat soak in static conditions.
• Available in Tune and NO Tune models
Which one do I want?
No Tune models - NO Tune models are setup to support 430 Rear wheel HP (500 crank HP) (365-370 Rear wheel HP is a common stock number on a 6sp man car/ 315-320 Rear wheel hp on an automatic car). A common power combination would be long tube headers, high flow catalytic converters and a cat back exhaust and the VR. You may even "tune" the No Tune model for some added power. Before choosing the NO Tune model you must check the factory code on the OEM air meter.
Tune models - These are setup for 430-700 Rear Wheel HP,small and large Cubic inch motors. these must be tuned when they are installed. If you do not tune them the fuel trims will be at a high level ex +18-20%+ and the MAF will be scaling low in its MZ range. Tune models are made to be tuned on the spot for max power.
The Super Street is setup for smaller lower power combinations from stock 400hp to 700hp (call for higher HP applications) To achieve this we increased peak flow but decreased the peak volume to insure good low RPM drivability, even with the wildest camshaft combinations.
The VR Camaro unit is "Modular" and can be switched from one combination to the next in just minutes. Making it the last intake that you will ever buy for your Gen5 Camaro, so no matter how mild or wild the combination, VR has you covered.
"No Tune" Models have seen Gains of 20-32HP / 22-40+ft lbs of Torque
through the entire curve on the Dyno! Documented and data logged.
Using EFI Live & wideband systems to verify air fuel ratio, "TUNE" models
have reached 35-40HP+ on dyno with stock cars!
Modified cars can produce more power!
(call us with your combination)
***SELECT WHICH VERSION YOU NEED IN THE DROP DOWN ABOVE***
- Unknown Type
- Cat Back Exhaust
- catch can
- coolant expansion tank
- Cylinder Heads
- Flex Fuel Kit
- Full Exhaust System
- Gift Card
- Meth System
- Plug Wires
- Stage 1 Package
- Stage 2 Package
- Stage 3 Package
- Stage 4 Package
- Stage 5 Package
- throttle body
- Washer Reservoir